Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Today was not too bad.

At Bible study we read James 1. It reminded me heavy of some of the words of Jim Rohn. Bad things will come your way, but what if you looked at it at a completely different way? What if you looked at t as an opportunity to grow, almost a challenge to overcome. Jim even adds a special touch, "Don't wish things were easier, wish you were better!" Wow, what a colossal difference in thinking. There is a great saying by Theodore Roosevelt, "If there is not the war, you don't get the great general; if there is not a great occasion, you don't get a great statesman; if Lincoln had lived in a time of peace, no one would have known his name." Don't get me wrong, let's not create wars to have our name remembered, but wishing a problem easier won't do much. Even if the problem does just disappear, that only helps you. What about the next time a similar problems occurs? What if someone else has that problem? I hope it disappears for you too? No no, it is much better to have the skills to just be able to solve these problems. Not all problems go away on their own. 


Besides that, I need to start putting together my plan for how to acquire the skill of speed reading. So far all I have is Tim Ferris' short exercise on his website. Seems pretty good, but since this seems like it will take some time to develop, I want to make sure I know what I am getting myself into and how to make this a long term skill.

Also, need to list some questions for my interview with my good friend Saturday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment