Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Monday, April 16, 2012

According to my blog's count, today is day 6.

I miss it less and less. It's like a cold at the moment, you know it will feel good to be free of, but you think you will miss relaxing in bed. Then you find out you were wrong, that bed wasn't even comfy! I have too much to do to watch t.v. I got a fresh idea today. I was just thinking today about my need for more men of a high stature and good influence to learn from. Unfortunately, there is a constant need from them-as well as for them. So they are busy guys and hard to just find and develop a relationship with quickly. This is a great place for books, books will give you a fine interview. The question is, what else could I do?

Then inspiration hit me. I recall reading in Dale Carnegie's How to win friends and influence people about a young man who often wrote to many "celebrities" of his day after learning of them and getting the opportunity to learn and visit many of them. The modern day celebrities won't do me much good, but there still may be a few worthy of writing. Perhaps, some of those book authors? I may make a list of people. I will call this list "people more important than me", and write to one once a week. Or maybe I will write a local person of high stature but not nation wide once a week, and a national act once a month. The possibilities are there, it is just putting in the time and effort. Even if I speak with a few just some, imagine the added character I could a mass!


Even better, if no one answers, I still win. Say what? I still get these benefits:
  • Chance to meet other people who admire them
  • extra writing practice
  • added 'edge' from me focusing on what I like about them (making it much easier to be that way)
And that is just the foreseeable. 

No comments:

Post a Comment