Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Thursday, April 19, 2012

No Tv is going good.

Moving on, I enjoyed a great game of ultimate Frisbee today. I also am getting less tired during the day, and to finish it off, It looks like I will have my stove again for a solid week until the cabinets need to be installed (one day install then it's back for good!) Things are looking well. The weather is even looking nice, it is just about time to transform my body. I listened to some choice Earl Nightingale recordings today. Among my favorite of his lines (and very wise life advice to live by) are:
  • Most people just react.  People of understanding tend to just act. This means that if someone does something, say, I slap you in the face, you would most likely react and slap me back in anger. Why are you letting me choose how you feel or act? It is much more serene to act however you want despite how I act. 
  • Most of our country, the well fed, provided for and wealthy, live lives of quiet empathy and some-other-big-word. The Greeks had a world for this very real existence, Hades. 
  • Everybody has some insecurities to face, but there really is no need. Why compare yourself to everyone else? There never has been or likely will be someone just like you, therefore you can really only compete against yourself. Everyone has different flaws and strengths. 
  • The higher up in a corporation you go, often the nicer the people. Whether they will admit it or not, everybody thinks themselves as the most important person in the word. These two are related because to be successful, you must treat people as if they were, or at least pretty close, wouldn't you want someone to treat you important for the things you do?
I could not hope to put it all down right now, but he also put a lot to the general theme of the AMAZING power of setting ones mind after something and literally becoming it. I assure you I do not plan to post many videos, but this is a bookmark for me and likely worthy of a listen while you do whatever you got online to do. Earl Nightingale classic

No comments:

Post a Comment