Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Saturday, April 21, 2012

Okay. This morning there was a challenge. I woke up today ever-thirsty and not focused. Didn't feel like I could commit to any activity I thought  I should attend to. I didn't want to go back to sleep, or make a decision to begin something...this a spot where the urge to watch television creeps in. Still not worth it, just got to march against the urge until I am ready to do what I need to. 


Today I will write a brief note about winning.
2 things I have learned about winning.
  1. The person who wins is the one who has the better reason to win (Even if that is him saying to himself, I have training 500 hours, I can't lose this one)
  2. The team who won't be beat often isn't
 I will post my favorite poem about this than write whatever else I think I can add.

“If you think you are beaten, you are,
If you think you dare not, you don’t
If you like to win, but you think you can’t,
It is almost certain you won’t.

“If you think you’ll lose, you’re lost
For out of the world we find,
Success begins with a fellow’s will—
It’s all in the state of mind.

“If you think you are outclassed, you are,
You’ve got to think high to rise,
You’ve got to be sure of yourself before
You can ever win a prize.

“Life’s battles don’t always go
To the stronger or faster man,
But soon or late the man who wins
Is the man WHO THINKS HE CAN!”




I particularity like the last paragraph. I remember talking to a educator at my high school a few days ago about the issue of the lack of the internal need/urge to learn. She has to offer external things like Jolly Ranchers to get gain more participation. I think of the students in communist china, they have more honor roll students than the U.S.A has students. Now let me ask this, if you knew there were straight A students who went hungry, would you risk being a B+ student? I doubt it. You would be a straight A student and do whatever else you could to increase your odds of eating or having a place to sleep tonight. This is one that I have had to pray on. I still do. The need to be "hungry" is vitally important. How could you be any more than you currently are unless you were sick of being what or where you are? Now, it is an understatement to say that this sickness needs to be balanced or else this could turn rapidly into self pity or serious discouragement, maybe even illness. D you know someone who hates their job or something in their life? Based on their actions, and not their words, how much do they "hate" it. Hate is all consuming, if you hated it you would go without almost everything rather than go back to that place/thing. Most likely this person is experiencing dislike. How much do they dislike something? How much do they think about ways to change the situation? How willing are they to pay the price to change, because there will be some price (often not comparable to the reward). Does the sickness outway the conceived price? What if the price goes up?

No comments:

Post a Comment