Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

A new beginning.

Today will be my first day on the official theme of health.
I could not think of a much better post to start then my own story of health.
I grew up mainly in my grandparents house. What kind of food do grandparents have? Right, snack and junk food. Then I moved with my mother to a new house. She nor my stepdad not my actual dad were ever very picky about what they eat. Naturally, this meant I knew very little about eating well. For one reason or another, there also was not much food in my house. A few of my friends know my story of growing up on a pure cereal and sandwich diet. I did not even eat a salad until the age of 18.

Thankfully, I had my boss and mentor encourage me to eat around 4 vegetable servings a day, and once this become a habit it was the start of a new love. I had always enjoyed working out, though I always had trouble gaining due to poor nutrition. I am still experimenting with sleeping just right, I even documented some of my experience with a polyphasic sleep cycle earlier in this blog.

So it become pretty evident. If general wellness is almost entirely composed of sleep, nutrition, and physical exercise, I want to get them them and feel awesome. I want to condition myself in a way that I feel energy and life surging through me. My thoughts, findings, and experience as I work towards this is what I plan to write on for a foreseeable time into the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment