Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Monday, May 7, 2012

Cheap eats, good food.

Chances are, you are aware of how easy it is to drop 50 bucks in a day just eating good (as in taste) food. Plus those fast food chains are on every corner, which may not drain your wallet so much, but will leave you with eater's remorse in a short hour or two.

Well you could eat at home,but what is there to eat? Hamburger helper...AGAIN? No, not needed.
I am currently transforming my body from a ectomorphic 125 pounder to something with more mass. So I am currently trying to start eating like a strayed dinosaur to enable pound gaining. Trouble is, I am trying to eat good food as well. Some good food just has that effect of making you satisfied without seconds, some good food tastes great-but takes forever to prepare.

I am still on the look out for some good foods in this area, but I have a few quick suggestions good for anyone trying to eat well, or pack in nutrients and protein.

  • Vegetable soup-dice it and cook it in some chicken broth and it will taste delicious. I call this my "super-soup". Very filling and not hard to make, depending on how much you make, maybe 35 minutes (mostly due to cutting vegetables)
  • Fish. Put some tin foil under this and broil it, some good fishes in the freezer department or fresh.
  • Rice, beans, or potatoes can go with almost anything and are very cheap. Even more so when you buy it in bulk.
  • Oatmeal and fruit is a great way to start the day. If you don't like the plain oatmeal, try the instants with some fruit and creme in them. Very sweet and delicious-and I mean that.
I also strongly recommend buying some local organic food straight from farmers or farmer's markets. There is one at a flea market not to far from me, and I buy Kale by the bag full at a stand 4 minutes up the road for 2 bucks. Great deals and flavors to be had.

No comments:

Post a Comment