Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Friday, June 1, 2012

H.I.T training, a brief word about it

Today I was on fire. Not literally (this time). I was training with my good friend and mentor Steve and our strongman friend Dan Cenidoza. Today we did H.I.T training.



High intensity training is a way of exercising that has a person doing a exercise until failure, than taking as short a break as possible (60 second intervals for example) then moving on to another exercise until a array of excises have been completed. After researching H.I.T training some, I was surprised to find out that it is actually a little controversial. I will save you from that. I can Google and give my finding of a few articles, and you could as well. Only personal study/testing really will do, as many variables play in. Here is my thoughts on this. I find H.I.T training pretty fun and would think it beneficial.

However. The objections are fairly similar, so I'll give an example. One objection I read was that studies seem to suggest that there are benefits from multiple sets rather than a continuous strand, at least for different people with different bodies. Seems like a small objection in my opinion...but it may have a point. This leads me to my conclusion. Do both. True High intensity training is recommended to be done only about 2 times a week by my buddy Dan. This is because muscles should take longer to repair after a full body shredding session. Some may try to just do the extremes here with long less intense training or do all H.I.T. Dan does both, he bends iron into art with his hands, that's good sense.

One rule most fitness nuts can agree on is the benefit of "muscle confusion" by mixing up your routine with new exercises and variations. So put in a good workout on whatever program you are doing, and throw in a H.I.T training session (with everything done to failure + a few negatives for extra credit) and you are very likely to see more progress. After all, no one is claiming much downside to H.I.T training, just whether it is enough alone to get maximum benefit. Who cares? It makes sense to me to really push it once or twice a week plus my regular program. What makes good sense for you to work with and try?

Also, through encouragement, and a lot of effort from a made-up-mind, I bend brass today.

It took some time and breaks (about 20 minutes), but If I can do this, anything is possible. Thank God for the strength for that one!

No comments:

Post a Comment