Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Thursday, June 28, 2012

Breaded 'n Baked Zucchini Chips

Last night I did not write a post, but nonetheless I was putting in time. I was preparing those
Breaded 'n Baked Zucchini Chips. Last night I was very tired, so I only made some last night as a test group. I think test groups are important if your a novice (like me) at baking and preparing meals, it helps to get all the mistakes out of the way without wasting or ruining to much food.

Still, the test group came out okay. One thing I feel I should add though, is that I should have kept them in longer to be more crispy. Last night they were warm and tasted pretty good, but I tried different size slices but no matter which slice, room temperature they just were not up to par.

The simple preparation for this one makes me more than willing to make a few real batches. I will most likely post a picture when I am finished the next batch.

Yet, this is a health blog. So I am going to end this post with some nutrition info about the summer squash known as the Zucchini.

    The skin is a good source of dietary fiber
    Great vegetable to control calorie intake as well as cholesterol
    Contains good amount of potassium which counters high blood pressure (caused by cholesterol)
    Has about 2 grams of protein
    0% trans or saturated fat
    Has traces of some important vitamins such as

    RIBOFLAVIN10%
    NIACIN3%
    FOLICACID9%
    PANTOTHENICACID2%

Also, to me it just seems like a good veggie to experiment with. Chop it up and throw it in a salad if you would like, people will notice your adventurous new eating lifestyle. 

No comments:

Post a Comment