Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Everyman sleep cycle Day 2 going on day 3.

Doing this experiment is great because at the very least it gives me something to talk about each day. I am sure what I am about to say is a silly statement to make, but It may persist to be something of value yet. If you want to be a writer, it helps (greatly) to have something to write about. If you wish to be interesting, do interesting things.

I am starting to go through dips. There are times when I feel energized and well. There are times when I feel rather tired (generally just after I wake up). It has been twice pointed out to me that the second week will most likely be the breaking point and hardest to persist through. Once my dad who has some experience with sleep deprivation, and again at http://johanus-haidner.suite101.com/adapting-to-polyphasic-sleep-a141392,  "If one is purposefully trying to adapt to a polyphasic sleep cycle it can be difficult, physically. Most of those who have written about doing it admit that the first couple of days aren’t too bad, but the week after that is extremely difficult. Many people fail to adapt at this point and simply quite trying." I am okay with hearing this briefly, I should know if it is coming. As I was talking with my dad I basically gave the only answer I plan to need to persist. The comment was simply that if you go through all that and are that tired, you might as well win. It reminds me of a comment in Napoleon Hill's Think and grow rich, saying that "temporary defeat/failure cannot cope with persistence. If you don't do it right now. When should you? When will you? Things won't line up in ideals this time nor the next, that may be largely why sufficient planning can be so stressed before taking on a new project.

I also wish to mention to invaluable aid of good nutrition. Just a few small changes such as 3 vegetable servings for enough time and I can feel it still helping my body to stay strong through this new challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment